On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 23:06:19 -0600, you wrote:

>"The concept of grid-chargeable hybrids isn't mentioned but I think it is on
>the minds of many activists"??   Yeah, like me.
>
>All the hybrids know to date ... all seem to based upon the concept of "I AM
>A ICE CAR .... (tiny mouse voice) with a "little" help from a electric
>motor".  Maybe it's not quite that way.  But it seems to be .. from all the
>spec sheets I've got (from car shows, trade shows, etc.).    I'd LIKE to see
>... for once ... a hybrid car ... with a FULLY designed full-on EV type
>drivetrain.  And like you said .. Grid Chargeable.
>
>Curtis

Curtis and Hoagie, et. al.:

Here's a recent opinion-piece about the importance of grid-chargeables.  I
haven't had the chance to read it through.  It was apparently the presentation
of a person at that recent CARB meeting.  The hybrid-relevant part comes about
10 paragraphs into the piece, after some other more legalistic-stuff.

http://www.evworld.com/databases/printit.cfm?storyid=469