Jesse,

There is already a big biofuel lobby in the USA, namely the agribusinesses
such as Archer Daniels Midland who favor ethanol production from
corn.  However, it is more expensive to make than oil, so it is not a
cost-attractive alternative. Yet they receive big subsidies from the
public treasury.

There was a web site listed here on the air car: http://www.theaircar.com.
They claim that it works. I was mistaken though, in that they claim to be
able to refill it with compressed air at an air station in 3 minutes. The
4 hour figure referred to charging it at home.

The main problem with fossil fuels appears to be the political instability
of the sources. They burn producing carbon dioxide and water vapor,
both of which are absorbed by plants. If we are concerned about CO2,
plant forests, or if you don't have land, pay other countries to keep
their forests, as we are benefited from their CO2 absorption and oxygen
production.

The reason the English were giving people a hard time over the use
of biofuel was that they were not paying fuel tax, which evidently
supports the road and highway infrastructure. They did not mind if you
paid the tax.

Damian

--
Damian J. Anderson   [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.unification.net