> I am also very worried by the current trends in the US.

 I think most of use sense this worrisome trend in USA Democracy
 which can be listened to using RealPlayer (aka RealAudio)
 to get a little background that we so seldom here anymore
 from the dominant privatized US media stations --

 Prospects for Democracy
 by  Professor Noam Chomsky

 Capital Rules
 by  Professor Noam Chomsky

 available in the Chomsky Archive
 http://www.zmag.org/chomsky/multimedia.cfm

 If some are interested in the other side of free speech in
 USA Democracy you might listen in with RealPlayer (aka RealAudio)
 January 28, 2003
   U.S. Sold Chemical Weapons to Iraq
   Congressman Jim McDermott - State of the Union - Oil
   It's The Oil and Nothing But the Oil
 January 29, 2003
   Scott Ritter, former UN weapons inspector ON BUSH'S STATE OF THE UNION
   POINT COUNTER POINT on Bush's State of the Union address
 http://www.webactive.com/pacifica/peacewatch/archive.html

 September 3, 2002
   U.S. Blocks All Action On Renewable Energy At Earth Summit In Johannesburg
   Best-Selling Author Paul Hawken On Renewable Energy, Sustainable Living, And
       Reigning In Multinational Corporations
   Alternatives To Global Warming: Vegetable-Based 'Biodiesel' Fuel, And Actor
Ed
       Begley Jr., On Electric Cars
 http://www.webactive.com/webactive/pacifica/demnow/dn20020903.html