--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "harley3" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My concern is with a group of trucks and vans being demonized just
because
> of their looks.  Because of demonizing the standards are being
changed.
> What is going to be changed?  How many of you may remember Ford
motor
> Company producing the F series truck with the light weight frames
in the
> late 70's and early 80's.  Because of the oil embargo back then.
Ford used
> a new light weight frame for pickup trucks.  The trucks did get
better
> mileage, but they also start bending frames.  Hauling large loads
or snow
> plowing could bend the frame on your new truck.  If you put a snow
plow on
> your truck, you also had to buy and install frame stiffeners.    So
I am to
> trust a person or group of people that probably are not even able
to check
> their own motor oil, to make engineering decisions due to look?
Yes that
> sounds about right.   I forgot they are the ones that decided my
snow plow
> truck is an SUV.
>
> Harley

Harley,
You'll just have to do as I did, and build your own Snowplow truck. I
built one for much less money than buying a new one, and then having
to modify it to be usable.
Older Chevies, with the 'dangerous' side-mounted fuel tanks, are
available in junk yards. Carbeurated 350 CI engines are available
everywhere, and many after-market parts are available to increase
horsepower and efficiency.
Mine will run on nearly any flammable liquid that I put in it.

Motie