I found that a lot of places that produce stuff in drums (try
chemical suppliers, wholesale food frying/packaging places, for
instance) have to get rid of the drums, and in california it isn't
easy for them. Here they have to pay a drum recycler to take them,
and the recycler then turns around and sells them to us chumps. In
this state there is a website for the state or county waste
management authority, where I found a drum re-seller (Bags and
Barrels in Hayward for you californians). I think a few other states
have the industrial materials exchange services- here it's CalMax
(calif materials exchange or something like that), too. Those are
good places to find odd used materials like drums, usually cheap,
sometimes free.

mark

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Allbright" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can someone suggest a good place to look for 55 gallon drums. I
know where to buy them new for 32.00 each but I saw a post a while
back that said people were paying around 7.00 each for them. I live
in the Dallas FortWorth Texas area (USA)