> I have too little time to deal with factual information, than to spend
time reading misinformation.

> Motie

If a person reads only what is acceptable to their own bias, then they are
already fertile ground for, if not already victim of, mis- and
dis-information - perfectly evidenced by your formation of an opinion based
upon what you didn't read.

Too bad, the last paragraphs even had some first-generation value to
homebrewers who use methanol.

Todd Swearingen

Part of what you didn't read.....

"Would you drink 6 to 12 cans of formaldehyde a day? It turns out that
methanol in Aspartame converts to formaldehyde in the tissues. As Guildford
wrote to USN Captain Eleanor Marino, Physician to the President (Feb. 21,
2002): 10% of a 200mg can of diet soda is straight methanol wood alcohol!
Methanol is such a gross cumulative poison, the EPA's limit for drinking
water is 7.8 mg daily. For serious addicts like Bush, the methanol intake
can exceed 32 times the EPA's recommended limit...

Now the punch line: Clinical case studies shows that, among other symptoms,
Aspartame ingestion results in "mind fog", feeling "unreal", poor memory,
confusion, anxiety, irritability, depression, mania, and slurred speech.
[Neurology 1994]

Alcohol-related brain damage is not helped by chugging formaldehyde. James
Turner, consumer protection lawyer and author of The Chemical Feast learned
that an Oct. 1980 FDA inquiry found that the formaldehyde formed by
Aspartame actually eats microscopic holes and triggers tumors in the brain.

That finding banned Aspartame from the food supply. But three months later,
Searle CEO Donald Rumsfeld told that pharma giant's sales staff he would get
Aspartame approved pronto. The next month, the FDA commissioner was replaced
by Dr. Arthur Hayes. In Nov. 1983 the FDA approved aspartame for soft
drinks. Under fire for accepting corporate bribes, Hayes went to work for
Searle's public-relations firm. Searle lawyer Robert Shapiro coined the name
NutraSweet. Monsanto bought Searle. Rumsfeld received $12 million for his
help. Shapiro now heads Monsanto.

The same "revolving door" swings wide for arms makers and the oil mafia. The
Big Question is: Why hasn't Dick warned George that the diet drinks he's
swilling are eating his brain and making him crazy?

Crazy? Am I calling the President-Select of the Excited States crazy? Not
me. As a journalist, I can only point out that published medical evidence
goes frighteningly far in explaining GW's behavior. For certain, this good
ol' boy should go in for a brain scan before being allowed to command more
firepower than the next 11 nations combined. If George W. Bush is not crazy
-- he's sure acting like it."