Domenick V. Amato wrote:

>Robert
>
>I do not disagree with you.  Some times, though, it is difficult to
>distinguish the purely political from the politics of biofuels.  Truly,
>discussion is an American pastime and  must be encouraged.

The membership of this list is worldwide, with members from at least
100 countries. Americans are a minority here, and, though a highly
valued one, a small number of them tend to forget that.

>I simply feel
>that we can achieve better results for both the discussion on politics and
>for the discussion on biofuels if we were to be more disciplined and focused
>about topics that are so important.

Your view of what's important will have to co-exist with very many
other views, many or most of which will not accord with yours.
Biofuels and energy issues and their contexts mean vastly different
things to different members living in other countries, other cultures
- and indeed to many living in your country and your culture, as
you've now seen.

>You have my opinion.  I'm sure that people who agree and disagree will
>continue to do so - as they normally do in a discussion.

The trouble with your opinion is that you tried to impose it. That is
not acceptable here.

Keith Addison
Moderator