Greg H.

At 12:10 PM 3/19/2003 -0700, you wrote:

> > >I would say the apointed judge just failed to get his ass in gear untill
>it
> > >was to late, and now is blaming the sheriff for taking matters in to his
>own
> > >hands.
> >
> > I assume that you are a great admirer of judge Lynch. In more civilized
> > societies, we do not allow the police to take the justice in their own
> > hands.
>
>You have police that don't shoot at armed felons and terrorist?  Not even in
>self defence?  What about in defence of the law abiding?

Isn't it fantastic, our police in Europe do not go around and shoot
people. It is very rare that we have gun fights and when it happens, it
is very big news.

> >We must have some different opinions on human rights, burden
> > of proof and the right to a fair trial. What you are describing is a
>typical
> > police state.
>
>No what I'm describing is a system that breaks down, and leaves the victim
>out in the cold, all in the name of fairness ( for the criminal ).  After a
>while, the victims get tired of being victims, and take matters into their
>own hands, just out of a sense of survival.

We do not have this in Europe.

> >Things must have changed in the US, since last time I was
> > there. I am sorry if my impressions are not up to date.
> >

>I don't know when the last time you was here, but, even in the last 2 years,
>allot has changed.  America is allot more paranoid and fearful, and one goes
>with the other.  In the last 30 years certain members of congress in order
>to remain in power have made people more reliant on the government for their
>everyday needs ( you already know that part ), and you probably already know
>that job specialization, has also contributed to this.  What you may not
>know and allot of Americans don't either and are just finding out is that
>the US Supreme Court has ruled that police have no legal responsibility to
>protect citizens of the US.  So out of fear, people are starting to take
>matters into their own hands, and this translates to an extent to foreign
>policy.

You have a serious problem in US, but I don't think that it is solved by
killing Iraqis.

> > >I'm still looking into this, but, it does not seem that it was US veto's
> > >alone, but, other factors as well.
> >
> > I think that you will find around 16 vetoes, if I remember right. A veto
> > is not necessary if it is "other factors", but please go on looking. It is
> > a sad reading and all of them are in favor of Israel, none in favor of
> > the other party.  This is the country that claims that they can make
> > a fair "road map to piece -:)) and deserves the respect for fairness.
> >

>16 vetoes out of how many resolutions ?  I lost track around the 65th.
>When have the Palestinians tried peace?  I know that Israel tried a number
>of times only to have a Palestinian suicide bomber kills several Israelis.

For UN standards it is a lot of vetoes. Suicide bomber is a very new
phenomena and has nothing to do with the reasons for the vetoes. The
appearances of suicide bombers could maybe be linked as a part of
the effects of the vetoes. You must be quite desperate to commit
suicide. It is human beings we are talking about. Why do you think
they are so desperate?

> > >And the UN is costing the US ( expecialy NY ) a lot of money, due to
> > >ambassadors and/or staff of member nations failing to uphold the laws of
>the
> > >land, and abusing their UN status.
> >
> > I think that we have an other culture crash here.
>
>Not really.  Do you go to another country expecting to break the laws and
>get off without penalty?
>
> >Where I come from,
> > we pay what we owe and in time.
>
>And this is the bases to which much of the problem has occurred.  Members of
>UN staff get tickets for illegally parking and other unlawful acts, vehicles
>get towed, and other things like this, and they don't pay the fines and use
>diplomatic status to get the vehical out of impoundment for free or
>otherwise get out of repeated trouble.  I have heard some estimates for the
>cost to be as high as 5 million a year to NY, to enforce laws ( and this is
>not taking into account of money lost due to the illegal action ), that they
>are not being compensated for.  This alone was an issue to why the US was
>with holding funds.
>
> > Apart of that, I think that NY do make
> > a net benefit in several ways.
>
>Perhaps, but, because of the actions of some UN staffers, many of NYPD ( and
>other New Yorkers ), would say good buy and help them pack.

I belive you, it is difficult with so much diplomatic immunity.

> >  Why should it be in a country where the police take
> > the law in their own hands
>
>They are humans, that don't make human mistakes  :-P ?  Sorry I don't know
>of one place that has police that are not infallible. Even though it may not
>seem like it, when police exceed the law, they are still held accountable.

So the war with Iraq, without UN approval, is a human mistake?

> > and where payments are not done in time?
> >

>Please tell that to NY, were, they lose money (because of some of the UN )
>enforcing the laws, for the benefit of the UN as well as the rest of the
>people.
>
>Q. When will the UN start policing it's self?  A. When hell freezes over,
>because they are to busy policing everyone else.

They should and many do prosecute in their countries and also punish
the offenders.

Hakan

>Greg H.

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for
Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/FGYolB/TM