what year jetta? I would be interested in buying it too.
fred
If it is a 92 jetta, and the rest is ok, I would put in a used
transmission.
about $600 for parts and the same for labor.  This is a very
collectable car.  you should check it out on carguys.com.  also, it may
not be the transmission.  check the linkage and the oil level.  these
transmissions usually won't die unless they run out of oil (leak).  and
the transmission linkage is a normally replaceable.  You can get kits
at stevesvw.com and alot of other parts.
Regards
Fred

On Tuesday, Jul 8, 2003, at 08:57 US/Eastern, Stanley Baer wrote:

> If the Jetta has the turbo diesel motor and the transmission really is
> wrecked, I'd be intereested in buying it.
>
> stan
>
> Grahams wrote:
>
>> We were just given a VW Jetta. It had 250000 miles, but ran fine.  My
>> daughter, 19, who was to get the car, seems to have killed the
>> transmission
>> practicing learning to drive stick.  It seems to only want to go into
>> third
>> gear now.  I tagged it, and had it inspected. I put two new tires on
>> it and
>> a new battery.  What do you all think I should do with it?  Junk it?
>> fix
>> it... any idea on cost? Or what is wrong?   I don't want to tow it in
>> for
>> an estimate if I should junk it- (the junk yard is across the highway,
>> ;)   Any body need a couple of new Jetta tires?  (weep weep) I am in
>> VA, if
>> someone is interested in this "project car."
>> Caroline
>>

>> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>> Click Here!
>> <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egroupweb/
>> S=1705083269:HM/A=1595055/R=0/SIG=1247d4o3g/*http://ashnin.com/clk/
>> muryutaitakenattogyo?YH=3512152&yhad=1595055>
>>

>> Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
>> http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html
>>
>> Biofuels list archives:
>> http://archive.nnytech.net/
>>
>> Please do NOT send Unsubscribe messages to the list address.
>> To unsubscribe, send an email to:
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
>> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

> ---------------------~-->
> Inkjet cartridges up to 80% off. HP, Epson, Lexmark--we have your
> brand.
> Free shipping on every order to the U.S. and Canada! Excellent service.
> http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWB0QC/.eUGAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM

> To unsubscribe, send an email to:

> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

"Formerly, when religion was strong and science weak, men mistook magic
for medicine; now, when science is strong and religion weak, men
mistake medicine for magic."
Thomas Szasz

Buy Ink Cartridges at Myinks.com - Save 80%. Quality inkjet cartridges &
refill kits! FREE s/h on $50 orders to the US & Canada. Fast shipping.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hwZBYB/zoVGAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM