I think that the beauty of the Ovonic system is that it uses process heat
to release the H2 from the storage tanks.  The heat generated either from
an H2 ICE or a FC could also help with this:

http://www.ovonics.com/res/2_4_solid_hydrogen/solid_hydrogen.htm

My gut tells me that although pressurized lightweight tanks are fairly
safe these days (see NGV lightweight vehicle tanks), there is what I call
the "Hindenburg" perception of gaseous hydrogen storage, even though that
was proven a falsity.  Liquid H2 storage is too difficult to implement and
maintain so that will be weeded out fairly quickly.  Another plus of the
metal-hydride storage is the higher energy density.  That will also be a
factor in what form H2 storage will occur in vehicles.

James Slayden

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511