Keith,

Surely. I was hoping you would make room for it somewhere in the vast space
of the internet.

Also, anyone who sees it should realize that it doesn't cover oil/grease
collection, filtering and pressing the high oil content out of the filtrate
("burger pudding"). In many respects the "processor" side is the easy part -
the fruit of one's labors.

Todd Swearingen

> Oh, that's nice! (I got it too.) Can I upload it?
>
> Keith
>
> >Randal,
> >
> >Constructing a complete biodiesel system is a piece of cake. For the same
> >money that you might have spent at some of the sharpie sites that you
> >pointed out, you can build a far more environmentally sound "cradle to
> >grave" system and still have enough money left over for a 3 week trip to
> >Tahiti with the missus, inclusive of a sitter for the house, dog, gerbil
and
> >goldfish.
> >
> >I'm forwarding a MS Word diagram to you so that you may see the full
breadth
> >and scope required to manufacture biodiesel responsibly in a
> >micro-environment.
> >
> >It's rather self-evident that reality is a far cry from the slip-shod
> >representations of those concerns that would attempt to sell "half-assed"
> >processors that don't even begin to address the process.
> >
> >Some of the "niceties" can be eliminated, such as mechanical MeOH mixer
> >(carboy mixing by hand with a sealed gravity feed to the reactor.  ---
> >Don't laugh. We've mixed up 55 gallons of methoxide at a time this way
when
> >making a 1,500 gallon total production run.).
> >
> >We strongly encourage alcohol recovery from both the fuel and the
> >glycero/MeOH whenever and if ever possible. The alternative is not at all
> >attractive as far as the environment goes, unless you have an end use
such
> >as http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_glycerin.html. With a little
common
> >sense a heat-exchange system that uses the recovered FFAs as a fuel can
be
> >set up. That leaves only the recovered glycerol to find an end use for,
> >which would serve rather well as a binding agent in a sawdust log. That's
> >considerably better use than mixing it with gray water and land applying
it.

> >Todd Swearingen

I'm

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511