<x-charset ISO-8859-1>All I can say is why bother using M$ products?
  If cars were this unreliable, & stopped randomly, & you had to get a
mechanic out to fix, who would buy that manufacturers cars??
  I have not had a virus in 4 years of using Linux. (I now run Mepis, a
derivative of Debian Linux that is incredibly easy to install.)
  Interested parties should get an old box (like a P2/400 or something like
that almost due to recycle), pop in a Mepis disc & try! The operating system
loads directly off the CD, & you can be browsing the net in about 20 minutes
max. This is something you will never be able to accomplish with M$ software.
(It is now possible to take a USB drive with all your configuration data, & a
Live CD like Mepis, or Knoppix, & boot any PC with your system, which is
great for travelling.)

Enough rant. Linux rocks!
regards Doug