hi,
part time racer here.drag racing has a whole class of cars and events that run
on nothing but ethanol.they would probably would have no problem buying locally
if they could be assured of a consistant product,free of any contaminnants,all
across the country.to assure a level playing field.they usually pick one
supplier at the start of the season and he supplies all races.if there is any
cheating it can quickly found by comparing the supplied fuel with the racers
sample.

murdoch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks.  I particularly like getting these first-handed accounts.  Me,
I used to live in Califronia.  Now I live in AZ.

Tie-ing this in with the racing fuel discussion, with this handy list
you provide of ethanol plants, it would be nice if a racing series
would take a look at it, and, if some racing events are held not too
far from ethanol production, they could make a point of using
locally-made (locally-grown) fuel.  This would put money back into the
local economies, rather than sourcing all the fuel and the processing
of it from out of state and perhaps out-of-country.  This could also
be done with electricity of course, as a racing fuel, for hybrid
racers or EV racers.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511