From: murdoch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 12:32 AM
To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [biofuel] Using Prius as an electric car *#

If you are able to follow through on this, or even if you are not able
to do so, and find that it just takes the fire out of you, I for one
will be extremely interested to read of your efforts, or of any
further info you can pass on to us, about the NYC area.

I am acquainted with the guy who runs NYCE wheels, the 2-wheeler EV
seller on the upper east side.  But that's just an EV issue, not a
biofuel issue.

A couple of years ago I was in NYC and asked about the grocery store
situation.  I realized that I never seemed to see large chain stores
as I am accustomed to elsehwere.  I was told that, basically, the
local stores had a strong push and were able to keep the area
different from the chain-store-ization of elsewhere.  I am not saying
"good" or "bad", I was just sort of wondering, and that's what I was
told... as I kept in mind the amounts of food going into the city
every day, and the amounts of waste exiting.

There was a news story or two, a few years ago, about the issue of
some restauraunt waste grease, that might otherwise have been turned
into fuel, being put illegally into the sewer systems, and causing
damage.  Apparently this was happening in a certain Chinese restaurant
area more than in others?  I have not heard any further discussion of
this.

Manhattan is such a different area from others that I have been to,
that I cannot begin to really understand it.  I never seem to see gas
stations, yet there must be some, because there are certainly enough
cars and taxis.  I think this is merely my perception, that I don't
see any.  But at the same time, I'm guessing that it's highly
regulated and that this is part of the reason for the lack of inroads
by folks trying to do something different.

After 9-11, I expected NYC people, of anyone, to make a connection
between the issue of changing the sourcing of their fuel and fighting
the war, or at least fighting whatever fight any individual citizen
wanted, as far as his own personal views went.  We've heard virtually
nothing, though, from NYC, outside of one or two private comments I've
heard about some EVs for some city program(s).  Haven't really heard
much to back up those comments even.  It's just astonishing to me that
not a single person from the NYC fourth estate has said anything
(within hearing range of many of the rest of us) to make an issue of
fuel sourcing available to NYC citizens.

On Sun, 2 May 2004 21:29:42 -0400, you wrote:

>Thanks
>Here is my current dilemma: I am seeking to buy biodiesel, either B20 or
>B100 that I can mix myself. I am not in the best situation right now that
>would allow me the chance to brew my own. So I am looking for a distributor
>to supply me. Now, I live in the NY city area, THE largest Metropolitan
area
>in the world, yet there are ZERO distributors here, the closest is New
>Haven, Connecticutt, and Bridgeton, NJ, 2 hours drive eiher way. I want so
>much to become part of the biodiesel solution that I want to try to become
>distributor here in NY, and maybe get in on the ground floor. I do have
some
>capital to invest. but just need more info on how to do it. I am banking on
>the hope that biodiesel will be the wave of the future, as a government
>mandated supplement to petro diesel. Good Luck to us all!

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*       To visit your group on the web, go to:

*       To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

*       Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511