Todd,

Actually these actions are not duplicated at my house, my toilets don't
flush, you add leaves then dump the bucket on the compost pile.  The yard
is mowed by the cows and sheep, I use a solar oven most of the time, there
is no satellite hooked up to the television so it is only on for the
occasional movie.  Music comes out of a piano, etc.  I also don't wash the
sheets every day like a hotel does, my meals don't travel any miles as I
grow 85% of my food.  I have a serious non-electric kitchen.  My clothes
dry on a line, much better than a commercial dryer.  I am serious about
doing my bit for the environment.

Do with out air travel????  I have one daughter and family in London,
England.  I have another one with family in Edmonton, Alberta, a son about
to get married in Vancouver, British Columbia and I live near Houston,
Texas.  Yes, we use Internet to keep in touch but Weddings, Funerals and
family get togethers once in a while are also a necessity of
life.  Sometimes you just need to hug your children!

Each of us uses their share of energy in their own way.  My vehicles are
parked most of the time.  I do not have a big truck and car, I drive the
smallest, most efficient vehicle that will do the job.

And yes, the mortgage is paid in full.  As is everything else.

Bright Blessings,
Kim