First time titrating and here's what I did:

Mixed 1 gram lye (used a triple beam) with 1000ml of distilled water to obtain
my .1% solution).  I then added 10 ml. of 99% isopropyl to a small beaker, to
this I added 1 ml. of WVO and sat it in a warm bath until it was clear.  I
began adding the lye solution drop by drop, checking the ph with a electronic
meter every half ml. that went in.  Unfortunately it looks as if my oil is bad
(lots of FFA) as it took between 8.5 and 9.0 ml. to get the ph up to 8.5.  I
did the same step 3 times getting pretty much the same result each time.  I
also used phenol red and it seemed to say the same thing.  This means I would
need to add 12 g. of lye for every liter of oil.

Questions:

Should I even bother using the WVO, is it doomed to fail?

I got the grease from a mexican restaurant, does anyone know what
establishments seem to give the best oil?  I could see mexican restaurant oil
not being good because they fry their chips in them which must require a bit of
heat, more than say making french fries (at least they are not crispy).

It seems that when adding the lye solution the ph rises very slowly until it
reaches some point where it rises very quickly with each additional drop.  That
is why I say it took between 8.5 and 9.0 ml., because 8.5 ml. didn't get it
there but 9.0 ml made the ph go to over 9.  Does this all seem right?

Thanks for any response

Jeremy