Keith, I understand your frustration.  Not on the biofuels beat, but I am
getting
more e-mail than I can keep up with on the subject of Electric Vehicles (yup,
gas
prices have jumped again), and the hydrogen economy (yup, there are elections
coming this year in Canada and the U.S. - newsflash - Canada's has just been
called
for June 28) and some other topics on which I am known to hold forth.
Hopefully my
current wave of frustration will diminish.  However, it is taking me longer and
longer to respond to the incessant arrival of e-mails, looking for nothing more
than I have already put in the public domain on my website.

It certainly helped some to get outside today and make a serious start on
planting
the garden.  The transplanted plants look to have taken well.  Today and
tomorrow
are for things being started from seed.  Been driven in now by darkness, rain
and
mosquitoes.

Now, back to responding to e-mail.  Next one is a fellow who thinks that GMO-
enhanced ethanol production to be reformed to produce hydrogen is the silver
bullet
to all our energy concerns.

On the positive side, Bill Kemp e-mailed me yesterday to tell me his book, "The
Renewable Energy Handbook for Homeowners" has now made the Canadian non-fiction
Bestsellers list - unheard of for a "niche" market subject like this.

Hmmm, maybe I should write a book - "The Hydrogen Economy for Dummies".  Then
instead of providing the same answers over and over again for free, I could
just
sell them a copy.  Much more authoritative that way.  But then, who would want
read about the reality?  Its the delusion that provides all the fun.  It speaks
poorly for the reality we have created that we (as a society) always seem so
eager
to escape it.

Biofuels will definitely figure in the final chapter - Solutions That Actually
Make
Sense.

Keith, spend your time on what you think is important.  None of us are
obligated to
give our time where we feel it is poorly spent.  I can only hope this list
remains
on the positive side of your personal ledger - I know I have benefitted greatly
from the contributions of many here, and immodestly hope that others have found
some of my contributions to be of value as well.

Darryl McMahon

--
Darryl McMahon      http://www.econogics.com/
It's your planet.  If you won't look after it, who will?