>Keith Addison wrote:
>
> > <big snip>
>

> > "The two unmentionables about Iraq are suddenly getting mentioned.
> > The real reasons for the attack on Iraq had nothing to do with WMDs,
> > that ultimate red herring. The real reasons: oil and Israel."
> >
> > One reason cited for it's being unmentionable: you get attacked and
> > accused of being an anti-Semite.
>
>    Interesting and relevant history, Keith.  Thank you!  You've
>increased my understanding tremendously.

:-) Ah Robert, then life must be worthwhile if I'm able to do such a
thing. Thankyou!

Anyway, what it amounts to is that what we have here now is a Zionist
spin unfriendly zone, for the use of, where such things can be
discussed openly, without fear or favour. That doesn't mean we're
anti-Israel, nor anti-Israeli, nor particularly pro- anybody either,
as ever it depends, case by case. It definitely doesn't mean any of
the things colonial Zionism would have it mean, that bankrupt tactic
will not be countenanced.

This is such a fraught issue in some circles that perhaps a
comparison would be in order, with another somewhat fraught issue.
This is also a "Wise Use" spin unfriendly zone, and that doesn't
necessarily mean we're automatically pro- the environment groups
(there's a lot of evidence that we're not), Greens, liberals,
left-wingers or Democrats, nor automatically against corporations,
conservatives, right-wingers or Republicans - again it depends, case
by case. Personally, I'm not even automatically pro-biofuels, it
depends who's doing it and how. There are biofuels and biofuels, as
we all know.

We're against spin, manipulative propaganda, dishonesty, unfairness,
disinformation, obfuscation and dissembly, and any unprincipled
behaviour that disempowers ordinary people and their communities.

Thankyou Robert - best wishes

Keith