I own NO diesel vehicle, or diesel engine of any description or
purpose.

I've been looking at this because a friend asked me to
(he DOES have diesel powered vehicle), but he isn't "scientifically
inclined"

And most of the questions I had have already been answered simply by
reading all the docs on endlessjourney and skimming posts here
(I.E. "lurking")

Now I have one question that seems to have not been adressed...

for my own purposes I have something that burns fuel oil,
specifically (US description) "Home heating oil"
Is it necissary to actually convert SVO or WVO to B-D in order to use
it as a heavy fuel oil substitute?

It isn't like I need it to pass through a complicated injection pump
and run in a diesel engine for 100K-200K miles, I need it to pass
through a "Wayne" type oil burner gun and boil water without leaving
difficult to remove deposits from an efficient small tube boiler
for a "hot water" (baseboard) heating system...

The cost of "equipment" even fabricated equipment for processing
SVO/WVO into B-D would be an unnecissary complication
if conversion to B-D isn't needed for me to simply burn it directly
(de-watered and filtered of course!)
No to mention the cost of methanol, NaOH, Acid (assuming the more
efficient two step process)

So can WVO be burned like fuel oil?
Or do I have to expirement myself?

anyone know?