Apologies for the big crosspost, and for the size of this email.

I'm teaching or co-teaching a few biodiesel classes coming up on the East
Coast, and have dates for a few of them set. I am working on a few other
class dates in the Midwest as well, which is why this got posted to some
Midwest biodiesel groups.
  It looks like I will be out on the road for three months teaching between
August and October.

  I'm still trying to set dates for the classes Id like to do in the
Midwest. I'll send out a separate email about this in a few days.

To make this post even more confusing, I will also be traveling across the
country in Mid-July (helping two California people buy vans from the East
Coast), and though I have not scheduled any classes for that trip, I would
be willing to teach people, if you could organize something on this short
notice (would be weeknight presentations, probably a pretty local sort of
event)

Here's a few details:

*********************
1. Biodiesel Intensive, North Carolina:

The biggest news is that we're doing a three-day Biodiesel Homebrew
Intensive extravaganza the weekend of September 10,11,12, , at Central
Carolina Community College and at Piedmont Biofuels near Pittsboro NC
(Chapel Hill area).

  The course will cover several kinds of biodiesel processes, building
biodiesel system equipment, washing and other processing, quality testing
and quality control, ethanol biodiesel and acid-base biodiesel reactions,
testing for soap and glycerides, disposal and use of coproduct, some
discussion of commercial techniques, and methanol recovery processes. We
will build reactors for a few students in the equipment portion of this course.

Please email me if you would like to come to this class and build a reactor
or a system (cost is about $200 for parts if you supply a water heater and
a closed-head barrel)

There will be a lot of hands-on practice making and testing biodiesel, and
the class will include a session at Piedmont Biofuels homebrew
'refinery'.  The class is taught by Rachel Burton of CCCC and Piedmont
Biofuels, Leif Forer of Piedmont Biofuels (please see
www.biofuels.coop),  and Maria 'Mark' Alovert ( for my work please see
www.berkeleybiodiesel.org and www.biodieselconsumers.org, along with
www.veggieavenger.com/media )

The cost of this class is $50-$100 sliding scale of your choice depending
on ability to pay, no one turned away for lack of funds. To register,
please email [EMAIL PROTECTED] and put 'pittsboro class' in the
subject line.
*********************
2. September 18 and 19: Homebrew Biodiesel Comprehensive class and
Biodiesel Equipment Building class:
  Berlin, Maryland,  7 miles west of Ocean City:

All of the above material will be covered, with less hands-on practice than
the Intensive in Pittsboro. I will split it roughly into Homebrew
Comprehensive Workshop on Saturday and Equipment Building on Sunday, and
you do not have to attend both days,. although some advanced homebrew
material will be covered on Sunday.
Class fee: $40-$100 sliding scale for both days.

Please email me if you would like to build a reactor as part of this class,
costs will be about $200 and you will need to procure an electric water
heater and a closed head barrel.

*********************************
3. Asheville, NC, October 9 and 10:
  Comprehensive Biodiesel workshop and Equipment Building Workshop in
Asheville NC
See 'maryland workshop' for details.

********************************

4. Midwest class dates: I'm also speaking with folks in a few places in the
Midwest about doing some classes there
******************************
5. It is also possible that there will be a Washington DC area biodiesel
class on July 11, email me for details. This class would be cotaught by
Rachel Burton, Leif Forer, Jennifer Radtke, and me.

******************************
6. possible spur-of-the-moment, shorter classes/equipment building
opportunity in mid-July?:
      I am flying out that weekend to pick up a friend's new van, and
driving it back to California from Maine. (we're that desperate for diesel
vans in California). I would be available to talk to/teach groups along
I-80 (we think that's the route) the week of July 19-23 on our way back. I
will have built a reactor for my fuel for the trip back, so you would see a
system in action.
      I've posted in the past that I am willing to build Appleseed reactor
systems for people, for $200 labor, $200 parts, and whatever the cost of
your water heater tank is (might be free, might be another $200 or so) is,
as a fundraiser for my fall trip (like helping me get my own van for the
August-October tour so I don't have to do it in a smoky pickup truck). This
same offer stands for this July trip.
      Please email me if  you are along I-80 and are interested in some
kind of class/reactor built for you/short weeknight presentation for
groups, that week.

********************************
Piedmont Biofuels is hosting an Elsbett straight vegetable oil conversion
class, with Aleksander Noack of Elsbett, on August 6-8th. See
www.biofuels.coop for details.
**********************************

Southeast Energy and Environment Expo, North Carolina, late August:
Here's what was posted on biodieselnow.com recently about this renewable
energy fair:

Greetings again to bio-diesel fans in the South! This is to invite folks
interested in promoting & educating the public about bio-diesel to think
about attending this year's 4th Annual Southern Energy & Environment Expo,
August 27-29th, just south of Asheville, N.C.
Last year we drew 5,000 visitors over three days and held our first 'Clean
Air Car Fair', featuring alternate vehicles and fuels. Needless to say,
biodiesel was a hot topic then and should be even more so now! If your in
the bio fuel business, it's a great way to find contacts, and if you
already drive a bio vehicle, you could get free admission and a place to
display your car or truck!
More information is www.seeexpo.com , but please feel free to email me, or
at info at seeexpo dot com, or call anytime to 828 696 3877. Hope to hear
from you! Ned Ryan Doyle, SEE Coordinator

And, last but not least, the Central Carolina Community College (Pittsboro
NC) 'Biofuels' course, and a course called 'Understanding Energy', starts
in late August- see www.biofuels.coop.

Mark