Hello All

I am gathering information on the feasibility of converting a diesel car for
using Vegetable Oil. I Just joined the ML, but I have been browsing the archive
and searching on specific topics for a couple weeks. I have not always been
able to find answers to questions, so I figured I would go ahead and post some
of my major questions and see if anyone here wants to tackle them. Most likely
someone already has, and can point me to the correct posts.

1) I have read that Biodiesel emissions are a bit higher in NOx than Dinodiesel
. How do emissions change for vegetable Oil? I assume it would be similar to
Biodiesel, but it is an assumption that someone has probably tested somewhere.
How do these emissions compare with emissions from my 1999 Honda Civic (which
Uses normal unleaded gasoline)?  I have read that european institutiions have
accepted the emmisions as reasonable (similar to bideisel), but what are the
numbers?

2) How hard is Vegetable Oil on a Diesel engine? Does it reduce the operational
life span of the engine? If so, How Much

3) Where can people purchase large multi-gallon quantities of vegetable oil? I
am sure that folks running cars on new vegetable oil are not buying quarts from
the local Safeway! I live in Eastern Washington State which is very
agricultural, so I would expect I should be able to find a place near me, but I
have no idea how to go about it!

Those are the main questions for now. I intened to keep my eyes open in the
coming years for the kind of vehicle I want, and when the opportunity presents
itself, I will buy and try a conversion if I can find good sources of fuel.
Using Biodiesel might also be an intersting future idea to explore, but I love
the idea of using a fuel that does not need any harsh treatment to make it
useable.

Thanks in advance for any

Michael