Teoman,

> I have found some plastic barrels, unfortunately I cant cut or melt them
> to make them bottom drainable.

Set the drum on a stand that is tall enough to sit a 5 gallon bucket/carboy
underneath. (It doesn't have to be that tall if you're using pumps.) Make
the table that the drum sets on slightly inclined. A fall rate of 1" per
foot is sufficient. Install stop plates on the table top to keep your drum
from sliding off the incline. Install some sort of 3/4" drain at the low
point of the drum. The flange inside the drum should be rather thin, ~1/16"
thick, to permit complete drainage, or at least "complete" save for the
teaspoon or so that is dammed back by the flange.

Todd Swearingen