the volume of a cylinder is Pi*radius squared * length (or height).  If
you do the measurements in centimeters the answer is in cubic
centimeters, and one cubic centimeter is equal to a milliliter.  1000
milliliters equals one liter.  Hence measure the barrel, determine the
volume in liters.  then the ratio of the height of the 110 liter mark,
divided by the height barrel will be equal to the ratio of  110L/ volume
of the barrel.  Twice that high will be the 220 L mark.  This assumes
that the barrel is a true cylinder.  If not all bets are off.

Teoman Naskali wrote:

>I need to measure a barrel that I have so I can mark the 110 L and 220L
>levels. What do you advise? The precision lab equipment that is graded
>up to 800ml.
>
>I suppose 100 cups wont do the trick,
>
>Probably filling a 5L water bottle precisely then using that 20 times

yep that will work too.

>might be a good idea??
>

>Thanks Teoman

-

     Bob Allen, Professor of Chemistry
     http://ozarker.org/bob

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression;
this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference
and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any
media and regardless of frontiers.

Article 19 of The Declaration of Human Rights, adopted by the
United Nations General Assembly,10 December 1948:

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/FGYolB/TM