Home Hardware most probably has them. If you are setting up a water
heater based processor you might want to check to see if the element
used is a square one or a screw-in round one. I believe the 110V
ones are all round screw-in(I could be wrong on that) and if so then
there is also a conversion flange available at the same place you
get the heaters. It literally bolts onto the one existing only has a
screw-in section to accomodate the round 110V heater. This same
flange will be necessary if you plan on having the heater mounted
via welding into the side of a metal drum as the screw is a special
thread made for water heaters only and cannot be successfully
mounted into regular thread, although some have done it using LOTS
of plumbing tape (the white stuff) so it won't leak, but you mess up
the thread when you do.
That said there are also other sources if you are in the US:
http://doityourself.com/store/camco_vp02.htm
Canadians can go to Home Depot, Rona Wharehouse or order on-line:
http://www.process-controls.com/ASB_Heat/
http://www.omega.ca/shop/pptsc_fr.asp?ref=RIN_HEATER&Nav= although
the Home/Rona route is the best and least expensive (around $15CND)
I have two, one for my pre-heat tank and the other for the main
processor that required the flange conversion. Should you want to
use a flange conversion on the heater itself remember that when you
put the cover back over the electricals it will rub against the new
wiring and will short out the unit, so insulate the inside of the
electricalas cover very well so that it will not conduct electricity.
I used standard pink insulation for this with some duct tape to keep
it in place and left the bottom screw off so as not to stress it.
Then I covered the whole thing with extra insulation to keep heat in
longer.

L.

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "mark johnson II" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>