> Don,
> On the specs. I have available now (for Lupo 3L) it is 100% RME, but
> recall
> that it is the same for other models. In continental Europe (Germany,
> France , Austria, etc.) the common mix at the pump is B20, so B5 does not
> make any sense at all. UK is late in implementation and maybe you are
> confused with EU directives which talks about minimum B5 blend within a
> couple of years. I do not now level, how and where UK will start the
> implementation. B5 does not make any sense for continental Europe, but I
> think that BP have some influence in UK, as they had on the participation
> in the Iraq war. LOL
>
> Hakan
======================================
Hi Hakan,

The state of Minnesota has a relatively new 2% (B2) requirement for
biodiesel. This mandate is the first in the USA. Its a good way to allow
the startup operations for biodiesel production plants. They are building
one now in southwest MN. The transportation companies did not like the
mandate. It was supposed to raised the cost of diesel about 0.03 USD. I
believe the railroad industry and internal mining operations (taconite
iron) are exempt.

I thought it sounded a little funny (B2), but it is better than nothing
and it is a beginning. We also have to remember that outdoor temperatures
can drop to -37.7 degrees Celsius (-36 F.) during the winter months.

http://www.newrules.org/agri/biodieselmn.html

Ron B.