> That would be a different page. We wouldn't do such a page. The JtF
website had visitors from 187 countries last month, not just the US.

Yes, and this has what to do with the question at hand? The original poster is clearly in Canada or the US as the Jetta is only sold in North America.

claim that a page called "The TDI-SVO controversy" needs updating because it lacks information on US spec biodiesel in a PD engine is preposterous, it has nothing to do with running a TDI on Straight Vegetable Oil.

Then why did you refer Mel Gildow to that page when his question was clearly about biodiesel and not SVO? If the page has nothing to BD and PD TDIs, why send him there?

After all, the url *is* /biodiesel_TDI.html, not /SVO_TDI.html Can you
see how this might be misleading as to the focus of the page?

Oh come off it John! You're clutching at straws. SVO is dealt with in the Biodiesel section, as a sub-set. There isn't a separate SVO section, nor will there be. That TDI page isn't even accessible directly from the Biodiesel section, only from the main SVO page. It's a url, the page has a Title, which appears at the top of the browser window, far outweighing whatever it may say obscurely in the url code, the title is "The TDI-SVO controversy", and there's a big red headline right at the top saying the same thing. If you want to think that's misleading, well, suit yourself.

Look Keith, how you organize and title your webpages is your business. If you don't want to include North American specific information on your website, that's your choice given your global focus.

But frankly, I *do* find it misleading to point a North American reader to the SVO-TDI controversy page and imply that there are no issues with US BD in a PD when asked a question about biodiesel usage in said engine.

Hakan is right; the unit injector engines appear to run just fine on Euro-spec BD. But you can't blame the messenger (me) when I point out that your advice ("Biodiesel's no problem") is misleading for a North American PD owner. Nor do I think I'm being Amerocentric when I suggest that your page reflect the North American fuel situation if you're gonna give advice to North Americans.

jh