Hallo Phil,

Tuesday, 28 September, 2004, 20:03:21, you wrote:

PVC> As long as the Palestinians only kill Israeli children & grandmothers,
let's
PVC> sell them the bombs.  If the PLO murders any Americans, I'd vote to *give*
PVC> the bombs to the IAF.
PVC> Pay attention to the news.  Israeli forces kill military leaders.  Then the
PVC> PLO gets mad & bombs another bus load of children & civilians.  I guess
some
PVC> people think that is fair.
PVC> BTW,  anyone notice the reduction of murder bombings since Saddam H. has
PVC> stopped paying bounties to the bombers?
PVC> Suicide had nothing to do with it. These were / are murders for hire.

Pay  closer  attention to the news and remember what you read and hear
and  use  more than one (US) source.  Israel has, in fact, been taking
out  the  Palestinian  ultra  violent types but in a quieter mode they
have  also  been killing off the moderates and peace types which leads
to  leaving  only the violent radicals.  That gives them the leeway to
say, "The Palestinians won't talk, you can't trust them."

Back  in  the  eighties  the  Israeli's  closed  the Friends School in
Ramallah.     The  Friends  School  taught  peace  and  they  did  not
proselytize.   Friends are the original peace church in the US.  We do
not teach war, strife, hate or anything else suchlike.

Israel  doesn't  need  bombs.   They have stolen through espionage our
nuclear  weapons plans and now have them.  They are untrustworthy even
by  their  allies.   They have attacked the USS Liberty unprovoked and
knowing  it  was  an  unarmed  US  vessel because they were afraid the
Liberty would make the massacre (in the 7 day war) known to the world.

The  Israeli  government is a renegade government and answers to none,
particularly  to  the US.  Hakan is absolutely wrong when he calls the
US government the "masters" of Israel.

Back   to   the  beginning.    Killing  off  the  moderates  and  most
effective/virulent/radical  of  the  violent  extremists  leave  those
radicals  who  are  proficient  at killing but not really very good at
their  job.   It gives the Israeli's the chance to say, "See what they
are  like."  when  they have created the situation in the first place.
The  common Israeli citizen is slowly waking up to the fact that their
government is out of control.

Now  brother,  if  we (the US) were to withdraw all support to Israel,
monetary  and  military  (including  hardware), you would see that the
Israeli's would either get reasonable or start nuking their neighbors.
As  it  stands they have absolutely no incentive to be reasonable.  If
the  US  had  any  semblance of morality they would go into Israel and
forcibly  remove the nukes they have made using out stolen technology.
There is no doubt that Israel has WMD and would use them.

You  might want to think about what causes a person to strap a bomb on
themselves  and  go  blow  other  people  up.   Do  you understand how
hopeless a person would have to feel to do that?  You may also want to
rethink  arming anyone.  We need less weapons not more.  Fewer weapons
and  a  boatload more compassion and understanding.  Hate and violence
and  domination only produce more of the same and it just continues to
escalate.   Perhaps  you  could  go  live  with the Palestinians for a
couple  of  weeks and then come back and give a report on what a bunch
of  worthless  and  violent swine they are.  Or perhaps you could come
back with a bit more understanding of their situation.

One  thing  I  learned in the military was when doing traffic analysis
one  must  look  at the data with an unjaundiced and unprejudiced eye.
If  ones  own predilections and point of view cannot be put behind one
and  the data viewed with fresh, unprejudiced eyes then it will not be
correctly  interpreted and understood.  It works the same way in life.
Unless  one can see past what appears to be and past ones own position
and look at all sides equally unprejudiced then the data and resultant
conclusions  will  be  skewed  and  incorrect.  The most important and
recent  example  of  this  is  having  good intel analysis run through
Feith's  office  and  strained  politically  before being given to the
president.   Perfectly  good intel was ignored, distorted, misused and
misrepresented  for  political  ends  to  justify a wrong and evil act
strictly  for  political purposes.  Then the intelligence community is
blamed.  What a crock.

The  world  is  not  so  simple as to be divided into "we're good" and
"They're  bad".  Governments can be pretty accurately characterized as
"we're bad" and "they're bad".  The majority of their work is not done
in  the  light of day for all to see.  They use "secret" and "national
security"  to cover a lot of evil.  And when they send their young men
off  to  fight  and  die those youngsters are in a double bind because
they  have  to  dehumanize  the  enemy  and  they  themselves  become
dehumanized.   In  Viet  Nam  we  didn't  kill  Vietnamese.  We killed
"dinks"  and "slopes" and "zips".  In Iraq and Afghanistan they aren't
killing Iraqis and Afghanis they are killing "ragheads".  And those on
the  opposing  side  do the same thing.  They aren't killing Americans
they  are  killing "imperialist dogs" or whatever.  We paint the world
in black and white and ignore the majority which is gray because it is
easier  to  do  the  evil  people do that way.  Convenient and simple.
Things  start  to  get messy when we think of the "enemy" as something
less  than  human.   We're  far too busy to examine the psychology and
geopolitics  of  things.  Besides, our government wouldn't do anything
which wasn't right...right?

Brother,  if  we  really  were  serious  about ending this crap in the
middle  east  we  would be bombing Israel and Saudi Arabia.  But we're
not.  (I  say this using the logic of the world btw and do not believe
that  we  should  be  bombing  anyone.)   That  is  because we are not
interested  in  ending  this  crap  but  rather  are interested in the
financial  and  geopolitical  exigencies of the moment and do not look
down  the road any further than the near future.  Bottom line thinking
and  such thinking is only short term and has absolutely nothing to do
with  the  rightness  or wrongness of actions.  "Can we gain something
for  ourselves?" is the only question.  The only things we worry about
the  taking or losing of human life are (1) will our losses be such so
as  to  impact  our  geopolitical  and financial gain and (2) will the
death  toll of the other side adversely impact our image in the press?
And we are not really too worried about number 2.

When human worth can be just so many ledger entries there is something
terribly  wrong.  Whether it is loss of life on one side or the other.
I have 8 years in the military and 2 extended Nam tours under my belt.
I  have  seen  this  first hand.  It is part and parcel of the system.
Kids  go  into the military at 17, 18, 19 years of age and are trained
and  indoctrinated and by the time you have your first firefight it is
all  over  but  the  shouting.   Between the political indoctrination,
military   training  and  the  stress  of  not  only  combat  but  the
possibility  of losing ones life "by accident" (ambush, friendly fire,
being  in the wrong place at the wrong time, whatever-cooks and office
personnel still have to be concerned for their lives in a combat zone)
leads  ones  perceptions  and beliefs to change.  When the shit hammer
falls  it isn't a matter of God and the flag it is a matter of protect
your ass and kill the enemy.  And then you live with that for the rest
of  your  life.   Worse  yet are the sociopaths who get to liking this
stuff.

Brother  there  are  two  sides  to  every  coin and that doesn't even
address  the   side  which  travels the circumference of the coin.  It
would  do us well to consider that whether it is us or them, no matter
who  the  us and them are, that all have mothers and fathers, husbands
and  wifes,  children and grandchildren and each and every one of both
us and them is worth just as much as the other.  We need to reconsider
our  values  and  reconsider  what is truly important and what is just
partisan selfishness and egoism.  No simple matter.

Happy Happy,

Gustl
--
Je mehr wir haben, desto mehr fordert Gott von uns.
Mitglied-Team AMIGA
ICQ: 22211253-Gustli
********
The safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope,
soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones,
without signposts.
C. S. Lewis, "The Screwtape Letters"
********
Es gibt Wahrheiten, die so sehr auf der Stra§e liegen,
da§ sie gerade deshalb von der gewšhnlichen Welt nicht
gesehen oder wenigstens nicht erkannt werden.
********
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't
hear the music.
George Carlin
********
The best portion of a good man's life -
His little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.
William Wordsworth