----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Addison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 11:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Cheap oil

> >Walt,
> >
> >The oil crisis in the 70's was triggered by the Israeli-Arab war and
> >an attempt by the Oil producing countries to effect the world in
> >this.
> >
> >Hakan
>
> See:
>
> The Seven Sisters -- The Great Oil Companies and the World They Made
> http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library.html#7sisters
>
> The Seven Sisters -- The Great Oil Companies and the World They Made,
> by Anthony Sampson, 1975 (out of print). "The Seven Sisters (from a
> phrase first popularised by Italian oil tycoon Enrico Mattei): Exxon
> (Esso), Shell, BP, Gulf, Texaco, Mobil, Socal (Chevron) -- plus an
> eighth, the Compagnie Francaise Des Pˇtroles (CFP-Total)." We scanned
> chapters 8-14 of the book and posted them under the subtitle "OPEC,
> Big Oil and you" at the Biofuel mailing list, where they raised much
> interest. "I was so interested in the story, I went out and ordered
> myself a copy," wrote one list member. "This is great reading, and
> gives us a small glimpse into the control that big oil has over us.
> Thanks." Seven chapters full-text online.
> See also: Who gets what from imported oil? Data from OPEC (Acrobat file,
36kb):
> http://www.opec.org/NewsInfo/WhoGetsWhat/2001.pdf
>
> Best wishes
>
> Keith

An equally interesting and revealing read is "The Rockerfeller File"
http://www.mega.nu:8080/ampp/gary_allen_rocker/index.html#metatop
Showing that due to anti-trust laws levelled at him, Heir Rocky was "forced"
to break up Standard Oil into the conglomerates we have with us today,
while, of course, retaining much of their control.

Luc