from svo is a monumental waste of energy.

On Oct 8, 2004, at 2:54 PM, Robert Del Bueno wrote:

I never intended the use of biodiesel.
The idea is for reclaimed waste vegetable oils.

I am curious on if anyone has given thought to the emissions per kWh of such a setup versus coal fired plant (...who in our area are successful in avoiding EPA New Source Review regulations, and continue to spew).

Also considering the addition of a pre-combustion fuel catalyst, and additional after treament (because of dedicated veg use).

At 01:28 PM 10/8/2004, you wrote:
Lyle,

> Is it not true that the grid is so much more efficient than Rob's
> generator that making electricity from biodiesel is a waste of
> perfectly good fuel?

I don't know about that. Do you think that an approximate 65% loss in energy
from fuel source to your duplex outlet is very efficient?

That's the loss achieved by the grid that provides electrical service to
you.

You may be right about a fairly needless waste of biodiesel, however.
Especially when gensets operate under constant load and for the most part are capable of running on WVO/SVO. The inclusion of more energy inputs by
making biodiesel might be unnecessary in many instances.

Todd Swearingen