the BD would eventually kick in anyway, IMHO. It is just one of those events that has to be dealth with. Not unexpected, as the info on JtF has clearly pointed out. It is actually a good thing, 'cause you know that the engine is getting rid of all that accumulated residue from all that not-so-good dino fuel. The pumps, lines and injectors are getting a good cleansing, which should go a long way toward prolonging their life, again IMHO. My case may be unique in that normally you should simply just have a filter change or two to be concerned with, although my car, bought from a fellow that had it doing Taxi work for two years (blasphemy!), did not receive the attention that it should have and now I am dealing with that. It may or may not have anything to do with the fuel lines, as one poster put it, it may be air trapped in the injectors, although I am changing the fuel lines anyway, and also gioving the tank a good flush. That way at least I will have the satisfaction of knowing that that has been eliminated as a potential problem factor, and the elimination of factors is something I have been into since starting on BD production, not being any sort of expert at much of anything, so getting rid of variables is essential :)

Luc
----- Original Message ----- From: "Patrick Campbell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Running on B100

Would going to B100 "slowly" help to avoid this
problem?  I.e. first running B5, then B10, then B25,
etc.?  I am granted a good tax deduction here in AZ if
I run B70 however I need to do an emissions test and
that has to be done before registration so my time is
limited.

I can't afford to screw up my vehicle by going
straight to B70 and having it clog up my fuel
lines(160K miles on the clock here) and leaving my
stranded on my way to work.

--- Legal Eagle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks for the input Steve. Would the return line be
the one right after the
in-line filter or the second one coming out of the
fuel filter (to the left)
away from you as you look at it from the right side
of the car ?

Luc