air in the injectors. Why? Prior to leaving for holidays, with B100 in thetank, I had the valves adjusted,all filters changed and other peripherals done by the MB mechanics at a VERY reputable dealer and they included on the work order that the lines had been successfully bled. I then left for holidays with a full tank of B100 and when that wa down to 1/4 tank or a bit less I fueled at the dino pump and then spent two weeks running around on that and then for the trip back I topped off on dino and when the tank was at a bit less than 1/4 again I put in the 44 liters I had brought along of B100 (which the engines loved and smoothed out immediately) and this was all on the band new filters installed by the Mercedes people. I continued running on those filters until this week, about a month's worth, and then the problem started, so I figured it was the filter being clogged by the residuals that the BD had removed, so I did a filter change myself. It was fine for about 150Km or so and then the problem came back.NOT a filter problem. By default, it is the lines and/or the tank having loosed it's dino deposits and that has clogged the system. Ergo, should anyone want to run B100 in an older car/truck it might be a good idea to do the line/tank fluch thing BEFORE, avoiding the PITA (PainInTheAnatomy) that I am going through. A wise man learns from his mistakes, a wiser man yet learns from the mistakes of others :)
Stay tuned for more on this developing saga.
Luc
----- Original Message ----- From: "Legal Eagle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 6:26 AM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Running on B100

Following another post (no subject) it could be that I have this all wrong and that there is air trapped inside the injectors somewhere, although I don't think so as I bled out the system with brand new filters, so, by default, the problem is at the tank end (maybe?). I shall soon see as I am having a Mercedes mechanic give it the twice over to determine EXACTLY what the boo boo is, and I shall be posting the results. I share you latitude thing (not quite as north as Edmonton)although no snow quite yet we did hit the freezing mark a couple of times so far and it is all down hill from here. **snow is a four letter word** Anyway, stay tuned. As far as the changing os the filters goes, the information on JtF states that after a couple of tank fulls of B100 to expect to have to change them, and that would be about right for me as I have run several tank fulls. although having a can type secondary filter it takes longer to fill up than the straight in-line type, so I was under the impression that that was the problem so I changed the secondary as the primary did not seem clogged (I put air to it in reverse and got nothing but clean fuel). However, I still want to change the lines and flush the tank out regardless, as I am sure nothing like this has ever been done in the Benz's 21 years of life, so a good "enema" is overdue.

Luc
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joey Hundert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>