You poor people - still using imperial measurements!
In Australia we went metric over 30 years ago so don't have these type
of issues!

Anyway regarding exhaust component life spans, probably the least
important factor is the distance traveled.  More importantly factors
such as the ph of the road surface water and the distance traveled on
average per trip.  In Australia a petrol vehicle exhaust system
typically last about 150k km whilst a diesel may last about 250k km.

I live in an area where my minimum trip is about 100km and have found
that my diesel exhaust lasts about 500k km.

regards,  Daniel
Australia

I too checked conversion tables and found it was not listed, so presumed
the same. In any case it still seems that US exhausts last much longer
than ULK counterparts.
Now, just to confuse, what's a Irish mile?

Don Johnston
Environmental Coordinator , Portsmouth City Council
Chair, Solent Energy and Environment Management Group