From: "Greg Harbican" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2004 11:03 AM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Electric Yard Tools (was Trees and power companies)

: I have been experimenting with something similar, although, using a 1 1/2
: ton hydraulic jack ( hand pumped ).
:
: I need to work on the frame, but, the hydraulic jack, just drives the
wedge
: right through the wood.
:
: Since my fireplace can only take about a 18 inch log in the back, this is
: the max size I cut my wood to ( usually only about 12 to 16 inches - the
: jack only has 12 inches of  movement, so the last little bit, may still
: hold, but, the log is still split and will easily pull apart.
:
: Greg H.
: