Dear Bimiwat:

I had already noted that the weight of the sand might be too much for the
earth's crust to bear so I suggested silica aerogel blocks. Otherwise, the
idea of the great height was the same as that behind the vacuum tube for
rocket trains which Robert Goddard, "father of rocketry" in America, had
proposed and patented. Goddard said rocket trains in a vacuum tube could
attain V1 (orbital velocity) for trips across the country. Thus a
spaceport atop a 60 mile silica aerogel could launch space planes right
into orbit at V1 and with a little more thrust they would attain V2 and go
on to Moonshine City etc.

Premier Rolph Klein would like that. And Fort McMurray would become
Canada's first Space City. Bush wants us to build a "Star Wars Shield"
in a joint program with them, so why not start here?

          <http://www.geocities.com/partyofcitizens>
  Citizens for the "inherent dignity and worth of the human person"
                  Quoted words from UDHR/CAT