Texas Republican Says "Country Must Come Before Party"
 by Mitch Dworkin
 http://republicansforkerry04.com/dworkin1.html

 The Republican Party as well as America needs a
 return to mainstream leadership.

 Country must come before party. We need a president who
 can admit to making mistakes and bad decisions, a
 president who can unite this country and restore credibility
 back to the White House and to our allies who are
 now alienated from this Administration, and a president
 who is fiscally responsible and is in touch with the
 economic burdens of middle class Americans.

 Enormous tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans who make
 over $200,000 per year in a time of war and when the
 middle class is suffering from job losses,
 increased costs in health care and education, and
 record high deficits is not exercising fiscal
 responsibility and is also clearly not
 compassionate or conservative.

 President Bush does not embody and practice true compassionate and
 conservative values as he claims. He and most of his administration
 represent an extreme faction of the Republican Party and are out of touch
 with the American people and our world allies who once respected us.

 A president who while in debate with agreed upon rules who will not
 directly answer the question that is put to him "President Bush, please give
 three instances when you think you made a bad decision, and what you did to
 correct it" and who in one incident interrupts the moderator of the
 presidential debate three times, changes the moderator's question, and then
 says on his own without permission from the moderator "You tell Tony Blair
 we're going alone..." does not have the temperament to lead the Republican
 Party or this great nation. That is especially true when our countrymen and
 women are shouldering 88.5% of the costs and casualties in Iraq due to this
 president's inability to work with the United Nations.

 The truth is non-partisan and the truth according to a federal report
 released last week is that economically we are worse-off than we were before
 President Bush took office with this president being the first president in
 72 years to lose net jobs. The truth according to the CIA is that there were
 no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq which was the basis of President Bush
 starting a unilateral and preemptive war without a sufficient coalition, an
 exit strategy, and a plan to win the peace. The truth is that President Bush
 ran in 2000 as a candidate who would be a uniter as opposed to a divider and
 this country has never been more partisan in the last 22 years according to
 John McCain and even VP Dick Cheney admitted to this division in his debate
 with John Edwards.

 There is a growing movement of Republicans called "Republicans for Kerry"
 who are moving away from President Bush and his extreme policies. It
 is a difficult and painful move for many Republicans who have never before
 considered voting for a Democrat, but they know that it will be even more
 painful if they have to endure another four years of the Bush
 Administration's out of the mainstream policies.

 The Republican Party and the country needs new leadership! Senator John
 Kerry is running a mainstream campaign of fiscal responsibility, he has
 demonstrated that he can work well with people and can unite people of
 dffering opinions, and he can admit to making mistakes.

 Country must come before party. Republicans of conscience should vote
 for John Kerry on November 2 so that this country will once again be
 stronger at home and respected in the world.

 Public Opinion Poll Indicates
 Iraqis Favor Kerry over Bush in U.S. Presidential Race
 By Greg LaMotte
 Baghdad
 http://www.voanews.com/english/2004-10-26-voa50.cfm

 Lining up Bush's next job
 "What will George W. Bush do if he loses the presidency?"
 Kenneth S. Baer
 10.26.04
 http://www.prospect.org/web/page.ww?section=root&name=ViewWeb&articleId=8804