The methane  is chemically different than
methanol.More over you need heterogenious catalysis
for metanol.

Metane gas can be diretly used with vegetable oil in
IC engines  using  vegetable oil too , but not
possible  to hvve 100 use of Vegetable oil and methane
gas.
Some  compromise need to be done to get optimium
biofuel mixture to your engine. Thus simple  method
can be worked out for  metahne gas and vegetable oil ,
kit  for the use of vegetable oil and hence no need
for BD and  other complicated process .
  Gas is better clean combustivel than liquid

P.V.Panniselvam

=====