http://www.rachel.org/bulletin/bulletin.cfm?Issue_ID=603&bulletin_ID=48
#520 - Brain Cancer Update

I will see if I can track down the literature and see what basis the of the claim "may cause brain cancer" is. data for the supposition that aspertame may cause brain cancer (reference 10) dates to the early nineties. Surely in ten years there should be more conclusive results. This is no more valid than me saying handling biodiesel causes cancer- give me time and I will show conclusively that some individuals who handle biodiesel get cancer. Does than make it a risk

I will see if I can track down the literature and see what basis the of the claim "may cause brain cancer" is.

So what you are saying John, and I'll let Bob speak for himself, is that you are absolutely sure and willing to guarantee beyond all shadow of doubt to anyone and everyone on the face of the planet that there are no ramifications to be had from consumption of aspartame? Not by anyone? Of any physiological disposition? At any level? Not during any periods of gestation? Not in conjunction with any other supplements, drugs or dietary predilections?

To follow up on that thought, are you willing to bet your life on it as well? After all, you are essentially betting the lives of others on the premise of your opinion/belief and any recommendation derived therefrom.

Todd Swearingen

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Hayes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>