now. The article has changed slightly, the one I had starts of page 2 of this one,

I think it's the same, or at least it's the same as my download, which is quite old. 14 pages. You must have missed the first page (default.htm). The schematic is on page 6:
http://www.green-trust.org/2000/solar/sunontap/page6.htm

Enlarged version here:
http://www.green-trust.org/2000/solar/sunontap/wpe67937.gif

More on page 11:
http://www.green-trust.org/2000/solar/sunontap/page11.htm

http://www.green-trust.org/2000/solar/sunontap/wpe27888.gif

http://www.green-trust.org/2000/solar/sunontap/wpe10978.gif

but more importantly, there was a large schematic of the whole thing. This has disappeared. Any ideas on how I can find the original article?

Bright Blessings,
Kim

SUN ON TAP

The Best We Know
by Frederic S. Langa

You Can Cut Hot Water Bill By Two-Thirds... With A Fine-Tuned Passive Solar Heater

I like that one too. It's lifted from Rodale's New Shelter - July/August 1981.

Here you go:

http://www.green-trust.org/2000/solar/sunontap/Default.htm

Not only that but Steve's site search gave you the wrong url. What a mess! :-(

Download it while the going's good.

Regards