The following links lead to a couple of stories that were on a show called Lateline, http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/, here in Australia last night about peak oil and future energy supplies.

        Regards,
                Andrew Lowe

------------------------

The first link leads to a transcript whilst the second link leads to a low quality video feed.

Professor Goodstein discusses lowering oil reserves
David Goodstein is professor of physics at the California Institute of Technology, or Caltech. In his latest book, Out of Gas - the End of the Age of Oil, he explores the consequences of oil reserves getting lower and lower in the coming decades. Professor Goodstein joined us from San Francisco.
http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2004/s1249211.htm
http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200411/r36094_90165.asx

Running out of oil
Oil is a finite resource, and there is great debate about exactly how much black gold remains. Yet a growing number of industry experts now think we will very quickly reach the milestone 'peak' of oil supply. This would mean the world is then eating into the second half of all available oil reserves. Though there would still be plenty of oil left, if the peak theory is right we are now on the road to running out.
http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2004/s1249210.htm
http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200411/r36093_90167.asx