----- Original Message ----- From: "alex burton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 4:27 AM
Subject: [Biofuel] Pre heating with Solar heating ?

  Hello

Has anyone used solar pre heating to raise the temp of the oil in any way ?

In california they have solar powered water heaters, so why not ?

(I may be waisting my time but i dont want to use only LPG gas to preheat my oil)

  I live in sunny Australia

You should no probs pre-heating with solar, thing is to devise a method.

  Any info or advice. I am very happy to listen to. if this is a silly
  concept please tell me Know.

Far from a "silly" concept, it is a good one, however the process may be time consuming unless you plan on setting up PV panels and using the electrical output to power an element of some kind, as in an immersion heater ect... I use an immersion heater and 115V electrical, but Oz is already hooked up to 240V continuous so use that or a solar variant of the same. Another potential method would be to pre-heat using the glycol by-product as many do, however they will be in a better position to give you the details and hazzards than I.

I must tell you i have only made one full scale batch of BD and i have so much to lern

The learning curve is half the fun, and very empowering, as you can see the progress you are making and it is something atainable. Anyone suffering from inaptitude should get into biodiesel production as therapy :-)

I have only just sold my old petrol (GAS) ute and yet
  to buy a Diesel. the exelent advice i have recived stopped me from
  buying the only diesel that was in my price range. But in the new year
  i hope to be able to buy a diesel for now i just want to set up for
production of a average of 100Litres a week(thats more than i need but i want to provide it to friends as well and convert them)

Wisdom is the better part of valour, and from what I understand the Aussie government wants it's share of taxes on BD, so either look into that or be sure they are really friends, ha ! Here off-road fuel is not subject to fuel taxes, but it IS subject to sales tax, and the grey area is found in bartering; I give you this and you give me that in exchange...
Luc

  Regards Alex.B