Hello

  Has anyone used solar pre heating to raise the temp of the oil in any
  way ?

  (I may be waisting my time but i dont want to use only LPG gas to
  preheat my oil)

  I live in sunny Australia

You're obviously not in Melbourne today ;). The easiest way I can think to do this is the way that people do the pool water heating, take about 1km of 19mm black poly pipe, I think it costs about $5/25m roll at Bunnings, and lay it out in a coil sort of config on a north facing roof. You would then need a pump to prime the thing, but once you prime it, that is fill it with oil, simple hydraulics would draw the oil up into the thing, through it and then down - bear in mind for this to work, you need the inflow reservoir higher than the outflow reservoir. It you do this you should get sufficent heat by having a relatively low flow.

In fact if you only want to process 100l/week, then simple maths indicates that if you use 19mm poly, that you will need 352m of pipe - pump it full first thing in the morning and let the oil sit in it 'til lunch time, 4 - 5 hrs in the sun, it should easily be up to 40 degrees. I think you will find this a lot easier than lugging plastic bottles around - besides, most of our oil in Oz comes in 20l light guage metal drums.

  Any info or advice. I am very happy to listen to. if this is a silly
  concept please tell me Know.

  I must tell you i have only made one full scale batch of BD and i have
  so much to lern I have only just sold my old petrol (GAS) ute and yet
  to buy a Diesel. the exelent advice i have recived stopped me from
  buying the only diesel that was in my price range. But in the new year
  i hope to be able to buy a diesel for now i just want to set up for
  production of a average of 100Litres a week(thats more than i need but
  i want to provide it to friends as well and convert them)

  Regards Alex.B

        Regards,
                Andrew