Hello all,

   I am hoping that you can maybe help explain what is going on to me.
   Thiss my first batch with WVO. I only got a 500ml batch but I will
   explan the steps I took. I took the titration (phenophalene) and
   cameut with 0.3ml of the 1% NaOH/Distilled water mixture. So I
   added the 0.3gusing a graduated Pipette (grade A)) to the 3.5g got
   3.8g (I have a riple beam balance that I picked up at a pawn shop
   for $54) divided it by 2 and came up with 1.9g to add to my 100 ml
   of methanol. I aded my sodium methoxide mixture to the WVO. The
   seperation came ut great. However when it came to washing it (warm
   water), it looked rathe filthy. I have changed the water in it
   about 13 times and it is just now tarting to come out clear. The
   first few times I got a semisolid white resdue on the top. I am
   wondering what is causing this residue and what  can do to make it
   cleaner to begin with. I might have gotten a bit of thelycerol in
   with the wash but not much.

   Thnaks

   Trevor