on 2/2/05 7:33 AM, Keith Addison at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> What is the attitide of the traditional conservative
> fundamentalists in the US to the Arab world?

Judging from the Crusades (a word you still hear occasionally)
I'd say it's hostile .... but I'm still unclear about the
difference -- it seems as monotheists become "more fundamentalist",
they should become more like one another, and in general, less
tolerant of the corruption and materialism of governments.
Yet American fundamentalists just can't get ENOUGH of corruption
and materialism -- they seem to love it!    -K