43433 says:
"User report:

>STAY AWAY FROM THE BEADS......the pumps work well but you
>can find them cheaper elsewhere, same with the biopass filter.......STAY
>AWAY FROM THE BEADS......!!!
"
No details, therefore useless.

37536 says:
The same thing, a quote from Adlai & Meredith
No details, therefore useless.

Following the link here is follow-up post by Meredith:
Here she states "I by no means understand the whole chemical side of
fuels or biodiesel (okay I barely passed chemistry)".  With that
statement and references to use of hydrogenated oil I really question
the way they were used.  For all I can tell, they didn't drive off the
water before using them and tried to use it to add double bonds to the
oils.

<http://www.forums.biodieselnow.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3243>
"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: In all fairness to the manufacturer, I will state that Bob
Green has been extremely timely with his response to both our emails.
Here is his latest response:

Sounds like you picked the wrong type of oil to recycle. Sound like
mcdonalds grease. some oils are so badly hydrogenated they never get
clear. The best you can do is ad 50% diesel and get them thin enough
to flow properly. Try getting some good used soy from a Chinese
restaurant or a fish and chips place. Those types of oils are easier
to work with than the hydrogenated stuff you have.

Margarine starts out as a clear thin oil (corn oil) and THEN they
Hydrogenate it until it gets thick and cloudy and presto you have
margarine.

Some restaurants only use hydrogenated oils and it best to stay away
from those types of oils.
If you have use this stuff you have you will have to use a 50/50 ratio
of Diesel to oil.

Do yourself a favor and try to find some other oil sources. The stuff
you have is the worst type to work with!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Bob Green

We will try some different oil when we get a chance. I guess my
biggest gripe is that the ad states that the product does things that
it obviously doesn't do such as:

"Decontaminates ALL types of vegetable oils up to 97% clean.
Removes all types of water bonded molecules from oils and fats.
Turns mucky and milky waste oil emulsions into clear (non-opaque)
burnable fuels." and on and on for like 20 pages (I just printed it
out)

At the end of our experiment we had the oil (that was extremely
diluted with regular diesel and warmed up in a hot water heater) that
looked pretty clear go into the beads. What came out was totally
opaque (the pumps were on the slowest setting).....I by no means
understand the whole chemical side of fuels or biodiesel (okay I
barely passed chemistry) but I do know enough to say that in my
opinion this product does not work in the manner that is advestised
(and I think I was probably one whom the ad was targeted to;
mechanically inclined but not so chemically aware?). Anyway, next time
we change our oil in the truck we'll see how the beads handle the
black oil and I will let you all know.....unless anyone in in the
market for some slightly used Acusorb Beads??? :) (I also have a
bridge for sale) :)

Until then feel free to spam away :)

Meredith
"

So unless I missed something (if I did please provide the link) there
is no evidence that the beads work or don't work in any capacity.  I
agree that the site is overstated, but I see no evidence that the
claims are completely unfounded.

Andy

P.S. Does anyone have Meredith's email address?  If I could ask a few
questions on what was done, perhaps I could determine what happened.