I think it has something to do with an Orwelian world. What of the rest of us who are responsible drivers and have had a "perfect" driving record for over a million miles. Do we really *need* Big Brother watching our every step ? I know the obvious misuse of this technology is not something that has escaped you. You know, stop at the next sevice plaza and have the DOT check your black box to see if you have been anywhere hear over the speed limit and then repirting you to your insurance company ? Or better still, spot checks on city streets. Why bother tryin to set up radar traps when you have one conveniently in your vehicle ? Immagine the savings in man hours (not) Isn't this sort of infringement exactly what a totalitarian world consist of ? But then, there are some who actually see the good in Patriot 1 and 2, go figure. After all Papa governement is alwasy benign and would never ever think of using technology to do us any harm woyuld they, said he with great gesticulatory sarcasm. The problem isn't so much the protection of the innocent as it is an infrigement on every one else, not a liscence but an "I spy" in your glove box. Drunk driving in some orient countries is only a first time offence (or used to be) as they hang you for it. I believe it was the Philipines, but I could be wrong on that.I did however read it some years ago and it was in that neck of the woods. Concerned about criminal activity on the roads? Make the penalty not worth the offence and you won't need spy boxes in every car.
Luc
----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin K" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2005 1:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Automotive Black Box

Greg, can I ask why?
What if someone ran into you doing 100MPH. Would you want justice to be done (would your family?) Forcing people to be responsible for their irresponsibility is refreshing to me.
--
Martin K
http://wwia.org/sgroup/biofuel/

Greg Harbican wrote:
One of the reasons I like older vehicles.

Greg H.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Legal Eagle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>