Dear Hakan,

Thanks for your observations. I do love Europe. I
traveled to Ireland, England, France and Spain. But
Since I am born in US and in order to "lighten things
up" in this heavy discussion. Here are some
interesting comments with my buddies - some are real
blue collar some are real white collar office types:

My breakfast buddies and I have a running discussion
on how "texans" are sooooooo different from
"californians" and how "vermontians" are soooooo
different than "floridians" and so forth. As a matter
of fact we concluded that the US is a bag full of
independent states and texans are always seen as a bit
different by us US'ns.  Hey - texas was a "dang
republic" at one time and wanted to be seperate for
the US.  And everyone here knows that you "don't mess
with those texans" (remember theh Alamo).

So on the lighter side of things, yes, there are
certainly differences - I think.   I am partial to
California. But then again, my Southern Califorina
buddies want to cecede from Northern California.  And
some people in the Southwest still think its part of
Mexico..(The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo).

But I think every country goes through this. For
example my grandmothter had land in another country
but had to flee during a revolution and came to the
US. But my granpa was born here and so was his dad,
and his dad and so forth.

--- Hakan Falk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
> Bush
> > > administration.
> > >
> > > Secret sell-off plan
> > >
> > > The industry-favoured plan was pushed aside by a
> > > secret plan, drafted
> > > just before the invasion in 2003, which called
> for
> > > the sell-off of
> > > all of Iraq's oil fields. The new plan was
> crafted
> > > by
> > > neo-conservatives intent on using Iraq's oil to
> > > destroy the Opec
> > > cartel through massive increases in production
> above
> > > Opec quotas.
> > >
> > > The sell-off was given the green light in a
> secret
> > > meeting in London
> > > headed by Ahmed Chalabi shortly after the US
> entered
> > > Baghdad,
> > > according to Robert Ebel.
> > >
> > > Mr Ebel, a former Energy and CIA oil analyst,
> now a
> > > fellow at the
> > > Center for Strategic and International Studies
> in
> > > Washington, told
> > > Newsnight he flew to the London meeting at the
> > > request of the State
> > > Department.
> > >
> > > Mr Aljibury, once Ronald Reagan's "back-channel"
> > > Saddam, claims
> > > that plans to sell off Iraq's oil, pushed by the
> > > US-installed
> > > Governing Council in 2003, helped instigate the
> > > insurgency and
> > > attacks on US and British occupying forces.
> > >
> > > "Insurgents used this, saying, 'Look, you're
> losing
> > > your country,
> > > you're losing your resources to a bunch of
> wealthy
> > > billionaires who
> > > want to take you over and make your life
> > > miserable,'" said Mr
> > > Aljibury from his home near San Francisco.
> > >
> > > "We saw an increase in the bombing of oil
> > > facilities, pipelines,
> > > built on the premise that privatisation is
> coming."
> > >
> > > Privatisation blocked by industry
> > >
> > > Philip Carroll, the former CEO of Shell Oil USA
> who
> > > took control of
> > > Iraq's oil production for the US Government a
> month
> > > after the
> > > invasion, stalled the sell-off scheme.
> > >
> > > Mr Carroll told us he made it clear to Paul
> Bremer,
> > > the US occupation
> > > chief who arrived in Iraq in May 2003, that:
> "There
> > > was to be no
> > > privatisation of Iraqi oil resources or
> facilities
> > > while I was
> > > involved."
> > >
> > > Ariel Cohen, of the neo-conservative Heritage
> > > Foundation, told
> > > Newsnight that an opportunity had been missed to

=== message truncated ===