To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 9:23 AM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] The Lutec over unity device

Hi,
I've been on the list for a couple months now, reading happily, but have
yet to post anything. So first, hi everyone:-).
Internet scams or jokes are among my favorites, just because sometimes
they're so funny and sometimes they're just so clever. I have to admit
that this is pretty clever. First, there is reference to a US Patent
application on their website. After do a little searching, I found a
patent (granted) as described by them. US Patent number  6,630,806
viewable at:
http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6,630,806.WKU.&OS=PN/6,630,806&RS=PN/6,630,806

(Here one can note the inefficiency of the US patent office, since the
website address includes the patent number 3 times, where one time would
have sufficed).
However, the patent is not for an unlimited energy machine, but rather
"[t]he present invention is aimed at providing an improved rotary device
which operates with improved efficiency compared to conventional rotary
devices."

So it seems they just invented a smoother motor, perhaps.

Basically their claim says that they will extract the stored energy from
perminant magnets. I invite those who believe that claim to read:
http://phact.org/e/z/freewire.htm

The most important point is:
Point 1.  Under ideal conditions the electrical power output generated
when you
move a conductor through a magnetic field is exactly equal to the
mechanical power
input needed to move the conductor.

A more complete debunking can be found here:
http://www.phact.org/e/z/lutec.pdf

So if you happen to be someone who's looking to invest in green projects,
don't give these people a cent (or whatever the lowest value of your own
currency may be).

Just one quote from the second debunking article which I find really good:
"Where do the inventors think the energy is coming from? Their response to
this article claims that a permanent magnet holding up a heavy iron object
for a long time is doing work, ie supplying energy. We point out that the
formula for work is the force acting multiplied by the distance moved,
thus zero movement gives zero energy."

Ok, I hope that wasn't all too long.

Have a nice day everyone,
-Michael