What's all this then Malcolm, an Englishman talking of "kero"??? LOL! Pond? What pond? The only thing on the other side is the edge of the world, not as is alleged a whole bunch of folks who talk of kerosene when they mean paraffin - they all fell off. World not flat, hmphh.

Anyway, from a previous message about using, um, kero:

I'm told it's done in Sri Lanka, probably in other countries. Maybe they start up on petrol (gasoline) ("in America they haven't spoken it for years"), but anyway they run a paraffin (kerosene) fuel line round the exhaust manifold to heat it up first. I think that means "hot", not just "warm". I guess they know just how to do it, and how not to do it too - probably not something to chuck guesses at.

Best

Keith

Hi Chris,

Certainly blend it with bioD - I would tend to have a higher proportion of
bioD than 50/50 though, just to be safe.

On no account use straight kero - in time it will wreck your diesel pump as
it does not have the lubrication properties of dinoD or bioD.

Kero will not work in a petrol engine because of its low carburetion
properties - my father & a fellow student however, during post war
rationing, had an Austin 7 & regularly had to drive to & from Leicester to
St. Andrews where he was at uni studying medicine. The journey would have
used up a years worth of petrol rations. So they "begged" extra petrol from
family & blended it with kero & acetone to make up the volume. He said it
ran really well on the mix but tended to billow clouds of white smoke under
power. I don't suppose modern petrol engines would be quite so forgiving for
such a mix.

Cheers

Malcolm