Message: 12
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 11:11:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: Michael Redler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Mike,  you wrote:

"......So, where am I going with this? I was just thinking, wouldn't it be
exciting to have alliances that form within all communities in a way that
replaces dependence on the Dollar, oil, utilities, etc., with knowledge and
materials that are traded among you and your peers?....

....I would be very excited to see this noble idea actually used as
something other than propaganda, to keep back the interests of big money and
the ruling class, from where the author came."

If I understand you correctly you are referring to "bartering" and yes, we
businesses do already barter.  I'll design this for you in exchange for you
providing that for me and no money gets exchanged.  As you know, we report
the value of these exchanges on our income taxes so we are still tied to the
almighty dollar.

By the way, in the larger picture (the community as you refer to it) the
barter chain may be much longer.  I need this and you need that and we go
through several more businesses to get to what we need.

Dan Crandall