To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 4:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Gasoline Prices

Hello Robert, and all
Living in Hawaii, I wish gas was THAT cheap.. we are currently paying almostt $3 per gallon for #2 diesel, and that's rising by the minute. So...like the responsible guy I'm trying to be I wrote to all the newspapers about oil palms (which would do well here), about 630 gal of oil per acre per year.....what an opportunity for biodiesel, thus making Hawaii at least partly independent from the Oil companies and the shipping companies. But you know what, nobody came to investigate further, no lawmaker wants to go on the internet to see for themselves, it seems.

The only thing I am worried I'll accomplish is some lawmaker here trying to make homebiodiesel making ILLEGAL (Have to have insurance, environmental impact study, Hawaii with its ocean and reefs etc, can't have people messing around with dangerous chemicals here.) In Maui they are making BD but on the Big Island where they are wondering what to do with the land of the former sugar plantations and where they are complaining about the absence of an energy master plan for the islands... no interest. 1 acre of oil palms = powering 1 small diesel car forever Period..(I guess that's why you called it Journey To Forever) There are a bunch of BD makers here and SVO users, but they are all keeping a pretty low profile, and I'm beginning to see, why.

Well I'm hoping for a more upbeat message for next time, and maybe some of the local guys could contact me to talk about where we are heading. Greetings, Stephan (808 959 3528)

    Hello everyone!

This morning, gasoline prices hit $1.00 per liter for regular. I've never seen it higher than this. Premium fuel, which I have to run in my truck, is generally 20 cents more per liter, so I DIDN'T fill my tank this morning. . .

    Oh, for ethanol!

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind